The main advantages of electrolyte drinks are:
- Replacing required lost fluids during physical activity in a fast effective manner.
- Loaded with carbohydrates that are needed to maintain carbohydrate levels stable during physical activity to ensure optimal performance and durability.
- Most sports drinks contain protein that will enhance performance. Combined with carbohydrates it allows the body to perform optimally.
- Contains electrolytes that help the body to absorb available fluids swiftly and keep the body in an optimal hydration state.
- Contains potassium that has the same advantages of electrolytes.
- They are sugar free that is ideal for people who wants to lose weight, conscious about their calorie intake, or people who are diabetic. In general sports drinks contain high amounts of sugar.
- Easily digestible in comparison to most foods. Consuming fluids that are loaded with electrolytes, carbohydrates, vitamins, potassium, proteins and minerals are way better digested by the body than solid food. This will allow you to increase performance faster while performing physical activities.